For all Information, please see our Student Handbook.
Students are given 12 months to complete the Certificate III and IV in Fitness. PT Academy suggests students schedule study plans to the following timeframes; SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness 4-5 months, SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness 6-9 months. Students will have access to the course for up to three years from date of purchase. Students can access and view the course material for self-improvement. This access is independent to the course duration and any extension.
The student tuition fees as published are a guide only, as fees are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment such as monthly course offers or specials.
Option 1 Lump Sum Payment
PT Academy will accept payment of no more than $1000 from each individual student prior to the commencement of the course. Following course commencement, PT Academy will require payment of additional fees in advance from the student but only such that at any given time, the total amount required to be paid which is attributable to tuition or other services yet to be delivered to the student does not exceed $1,500 at one time.
Option 2 Payment plans
Payment plans are available. The payment plan consists of an upfront deposit of approximately 20% of the full course fee. The remaining amount is then broken down into monthly, fortnightly or weekly payments that are discussed by the student and the careers advisor at the time of enrolment. All payment plans incur an increase in the total cost of the course fee compared to the upfront price.
REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS / WITHDRAWALS:
Refunds, cancellation and withdrawal requests are to be made in writing using our CASES, APPEALS, REFUNDS & EXTENSIONS FORM.
Refunds will not be given for any of the following reasons:
- Change of mind about a course
- Non completion of assessments
- Failure to attend a scheduled training session
- Please note: outside of the ten-day ‘cooling off’ period, non-commencement within the online course is not grounds for a refund
- Please note: with regard to students who are on a payment plan and are outside of the ten-day ‘cooling off’ period, the financial obligation of the student continues until the course is paid in full. Change of mind is not grounds for a refund.
Refunds after the ten-day ‘cooling off’ period will only be considered based on the following:
- A significant medical condition which will impair the students ability to complete the course – this needs to be supported with a letter from your doctor as evidence
This may include, but is not limited to:
- Recently diagnosed life threatening condition
- Recently diagnosed condition that would impede the completion of your course (evidence supplied must be dated after enrolment)
- Due to extenuating circumstances student has been diagnosed with a mental health illness (evidence supplied dated after enrolment)
- Any other extenuating circumstances that result in the student being unable to complete their training will be considered but is at the discretion of senior management. Please note: Financial difficulties will not be considered as grounds for a refund.
These may include, but is not limited to:
- Death in the immediate family ie. spouse, parent, sibling or child.
- Failure for PT Academy to provide the services as agreed within the student’s terms and conditions.
Certificate III/IV Practical Workshops
If you are unable to attend workshop dates where a seat has been reserved for you, you may cancel or change your workshops with a minimum of 30 days prior to the start date at no charge. If the cancellation is within 30 days of the planned course date, a fee of $99 applies, if within 14 days a fee of $149 applies upon re-booking. If the student does not attend the course and no notice is given, a fee of $550 applies upon re-booking. Students can call 1300 556 540 or email email@example.com to cancel or change their workshop bookings.
If you are unable to attend any CEC course where a seat has been reserved for you, you may defer to an alternate date or request a full refund if a minimum of 7 days notice is given prior to the booked course date. The request must be received in writing – email is satisfactory. If your request is within 7 days of the course date, a fee of 50% of the paid price will apply.
Personal Training Academy allows students 12 months to complete their Certificate III and IV in Fitness. If a student requires extra time, they must submit an Extension Application form.
The Extension Application form is located on PT Academy’s website www.ptacademy.edu.au. It is aimed at students who are seeking an extended period of time allocated to their current study schedule due to exceptional circumstances.
There is no guarantee that an extension will be granted. All forms are assessed on a case-by-case basis and the final decision, including how much time will be granted (if any) is up to the discretion of the Administration Manager.
Fees apply for extensions: $65/month*.(terms and conditions applied).
Applications for extensions are for course content only and do NOT refer to a request for extension of payments. All extensions are granted condition to approval.