The following Code of Practice (The Code) is made available to each client prior to enrolment and available on the home page of our website. The Code documents from a client’s perspective how PT Academy’s services meet the requirements of the national standards for registration, in particular:
- How PT Academy ensures students’ rights, as a consumer, are protected and they receive the services detailed in their enrolment form.
- How PT Academy adheres to the principles of access and equity, meets its legal obligations, and maximizes outcomes for each client.
- How industry is engaged in PT Academy’s operations so that students can be confident that the qualifications issued are recognised by industry.
- How PT Academy assures the quality of training and assessment provided across all of its operations.
- How PT Academy will meet the individual needs of learners by assessing their current skills and knowledge prior to the commencement of training.
Prospective students may be unfamiliar with nationally recognised training and the nature of the guarantee of quality training that it provides. This Code is designed to improve protection for consumers by providing information about how the training services comply with the national standards for registration. The Code informs students about the key elements of services and its obligations under the registration standards. The Code can be considered as a high level service warranty to clients. The Code does not directly reference individual elements of the registration standards but it does make clear how students’ rights and the provision of quality training and assessment services are assured by PTA. The Code reflects the more detailed level of information in the PT Academy Student Handbook and internal policies and procedures.
PT Academy ensures students’ rights, as a consumer, are protected and they receive the services detailed at their enrolment, Further details of all policies and procedure can be viewed in PT Academy Student Handbook or full details of this policy and procedures can be requested by called PT Academy Head Office.
- PTA’s marketing and advertising to prospective students is ethical and accurate with a high level of transparency.
- You will be informed before you enrol of all the costs and charges you will incur throughout your course.
- Our refund policies are fair and are documented and provided to each student prior to enrolment and for public viewing on our website.
- In the event that we are not able to fulfill our obligations to you we have measures (ACPET Membership), in place to ensure that you either receive the service from another training provider or a refund.
- We ensure that your academic, financial and other records maintained by us are complete and accurate. These records are managed to maintain confidentiality and will not be divulged to third parties unless authorised by you or under law. You may view your own records to confirm their accuracy and completeness.
PT Academy adheres to the principles of access and equity, meets its legal obligations, and maximizes outcomes for each client;
- PT Academy is committed to principles of access and equity and will not unlawfully discriminate against clients. The obligations we place on our staff and students are to protect their health, safety and welfare and ensure as far as possible that learning experiences are positive and free of discrimination or harassment.
- Our policies and procedures ensure that you are treated fairly and receive all reasonable assistance to successfully complete your course once accepted for enrolment.
- We will deal fairly and constructively with your concerns and complaints about our services. Industry is engaged in the PTA’s operations so that clients can be confident that the qualifications issued by the applicant are recognised by industry; We regularly engage with relevant industry representatives to evaluate our training and assessment services. Educated and experienced staff that are amongst the most highly trained in the fitness industry, while cutting-edge research that specifically addresses the needs of the health and fitness industry is continuously conducted at PTA’s Head Office. This ensures that our graduates hold the required skills and knowledge to the standard of performance required in the workplace.
- Our training and assessment strategies are developed in consultation with industry to ensure that they are relevant to industry needs. Where your training or assessment occurs in a workplace, evidence of your performance will contribute to our assessments Our teaching and assessment staff continuously engages with industry to ensure their knowledge and skills reflect current industry practice. Leading national and international presenters are used to deliver the best information available in the fitness industry.
PT Academy assures the quality of training and assessment provided across all of its operations as training provider; A scheme of education meeting to continually update and improve the knowledge base of our clients is conducted monthly. The outcome to this meeting demonstrated in new versions and updates of our courses.
- Our organisation is committed to continuously improving the services it offers and will seek feedback from you about the services you have received from us.
- Our organisation is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that is authorised under legislation to offer nationally recognised training. We ensure that at all times our operations comply with relevant legislation and the national registration standards.
PT Academy will meet the individual needs of learners by assessing their current skills and knowledge prior to the commencement of training.
- We recognise that you may hold skills and knowledge that are relevant to your course outcomes. We will assist you to gain recognition for these skills and knowledge through a process called Recognition of Prior Learning.
- If you have completed relevant units of competency with another RTO we will automatically credit these towards completion of your qualification.
- We offer learning and assessment services that as far as practicable meet your individual learning needs. We can tailor your training program to meet your needs and will offer you a range of learning and assessment resources.